Paid for by Friends of Jeff Ellington, Hope Ellington, treasurer. Copyright © Friends of Jeff Ellington. All Rights Reserved.
Jeff Ellington for State Representative
So what are the issues confronting us?
There are many, and you need someone who represents the interests of the people of District 62, from southwestern Monroe County through Bloomfield to Linton, from Solsberry to Loogootee.
- I'm strongly in favor of the Second Amendment. The right to own a handgun or rifle shall not be infringed by the state. I believe people in my district have a right to hunt and use guns for personal protection.
- I'm for educational reform and choices. I fully support Indiana University. Education shouldn't be a partisan issue. It's simply a must for Indiana to succeed.
- I support mineral extraction and the coal industries. Indiana coal is a MAJOR employer and source of our power. We must guard Hoosier jobs against political attacks. Clean coal will be a major source of cheap, clean electricity.
- I am strongly in favor of your property rights. I support the farming and timber industries. Overregulation can hurt these industries.
- I'm pro-life. Life, I believe, begins at conception.
- Small business protection. Regulations and taxation can squeeze small businesses right out of existence. The Indiana General Assembly must work with small business, local chambers and local economic agencies to help small businesses thrive.
- Manufacturing. Indiana and District 62 need more manufacturing jobs. In turn, more manufacturing jobs in District 62 and Indiana will increase wages. Let's work to attract such jobs.
- Roads and bridges. District 62 -- and Greene County especially -- have roads and bridges that need repair and maintenance. That's why I voted to increase funding for the district's roads and bridges.
- Interstate 69. It's almost completed. I will work to make sure it stretches from Indianapolis through Greene County to Evansville, and that it is maintained properly.
Endorsed in the 2016 election by:
- The Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana Right to Life
- The NRA
- The Professional Fire Fighters Union of Indiana